Ever since Instagram publicly acknowledged that it’s no longer a photo-sharing app, it has introduced a range of exciting new features. One such feature is adding music to Instagram feed posts. Instagram has a great repository of music and also gives you the option to import music through third-party apps such as Spotify. As a matter of fact, Instagram updates its music library on a daily basis.
If you want to make use of this awesome feature and have no idea how to, we can help. In this article, we’ll share easy steps that will help you add music to your Instagram posts.
Let’s get started.
Easiest Ways to Add Music to Different Forms of Instagram Posts
In this section, we’ll share the procedure of how to add music to the different types of posts.
1. How to Include Music in Instagram Story?
Follow these simple steps to add music to your Instagram story.
- Open your Instagram app and navigate to the ‘your story’ option
- Add the video or picture of your choice
- Open the sticker tray by swiping up or by choosing the sticker option
- Next, choose the ‘music’ option that is available in that tray
- Select the song you like and trim it as there’s a 15-seconds limit. Make use of the slider option to add any part of the song
- You can choose the music editing options such as real-time lyrics, music cover stickers, and more. After your edits, click on the check mark
- Next, see the story in preview mode, and when you’re satisfied with the output, you can share it with your followers
2. How to Include Music in Instagram Posts?
In this section, you’ll learn how to add music to your Instagram posts.
- Go to your Instagram app and create a new post
- Choose the items you want to upload and click ‘next’ to do the required edits. Once you are done, click on the tick button on the right corner
- You’ll be taken to the ‘post preview’ page where you can include a caption and add a geo-tag
- Next click on the ‘add music’ option and choose the song of your choice
- Use the slider option and choose any 15-seconds of the song
- Click the tick mark on the right after you are done. Once you are satisfied with the content, you can go ahead and post it to your profile
3. How to Include Music in Reels?
Here’s a step-by-step process of how to add music to your Instagram reels.
- Login to your account and add a photo or video of your choice. Remember a reel can be no longer than 60 seconds
- After this, you can add the music by clicking on the music icon on the left side of your screen
- Select the music you want to add and make sure it doesn’t exceed 60 seconds as the reel will be only for 60 seconds
- Once you’ve included the music, click done and view the preview. If the reel meets your expectations, you can post it on your profile
4. How to Include Music Using Third-Party Apps?
Adding music is possible by using third-party apps such as Flipagram, Lomotif, VidLab, VideoShop, and InShot Video Editor. All of these apps can be used by Android and iOS users. From trimming to adding a variety of sound effects, anything is possible through these user-friendly apps.
Adding music to your Instagram posts will make your content interesting and help to better engage with your audience. For the most part, you can take advantage of the music options available on Instagram.
If you’re looking for more creative options, you can even use the third-part apps mentioned in this article. Either way, by using music, any of your Instagram posts will get a great dose of creativity boost.